teen / child parents

Please post anything you find interesting.
siby

teen / child parents

Post by siby » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:40 pm

It was not at all surprising to see the recent news in the UK media of a 13 year old boy who became a father. The mother is 15 years old. But I could not stop laughing :lol: when 2 more boys have appeared within 2 days of the news, claiming the paternity who are 14 and 15 years old respectively. The number may increase in the near future. Just imagine this happenin in the Indian context :(
Siby

DrSunil

Re: teen / child parents

Post by DrSunil » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:56 am

But this was the usual practice in most of kerala and even now in many parts of india where illiteracy remains... And as our nisha told years back, kalachakram urulunnu... everything goes round and round... cultural practices... fashion trendz.. old is considered gold... :lol: But this happening in developed nations is a pity and shame...,nothing to laugh...And the society supports it is even more cruel.... Recently there was a news in paper that in north india, a minister attended a marriage ceremony of children ...

siby

Post by siby » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:25 pm

Yes I understand. But child marriage is a different story although equally bad or even worse. That was the poor child forced into a marriage, but here the social independence is such that a child could do what they want.
Siby

DrSunil

Post by DrSunil » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:11 pm

But It is the same, I suppose.Being married to each other to have children or not to marry and live together is only a legal issue,(Inshort,marriage is legal fun...)atleast in india. In britain,does marriage mean any life time commitment to rear children?

biju

Post by biju » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:44 pm

Sunil, I think you got it mixed up there. This is the case of loss of social values and morals, which the British used to pride themselves in. They were famous for being 'proper'.
The point is children as young as 12 years is actively indulging in sexual promiscuity, at an age which most would consider as sexual precociousness. These are literally kids whose voice probably hasn't broken yet!
The 'funny' bit is 2 days later, 2 more boys come forward, claiming to have had sex with the same girl at the same time period to have produced a baby and now it is a case of DNA testing etc... Don't forget, we are talking about a girl who was 14 at the time she conceived :roll:
The sad bit is the tabloid press originally touted the news with headlines saying "Youngest ever father wants to be a good dad"...etc, as if this were something great to be congratulated! What dimwits!!
It is not same as child marriage at all. Here 'kids' are supposedly having what is deemed as fun at a tender age, with not many people too bothered about it. It is literally a case of "procreation is the best recreation"!
And not surprisingly, UK has Europe's highest incidence of teenage pregnancies; second in the world, only surpassed by the omnipotent US of A.

You don't expect them to marry and live happily ever after, do you? :lol:

OK! On a different note, how does this sound?

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20090218/twl ... d0ae9.html

:shock:
BIJU JOSE

DrSunil

Post by DrSunil » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:07 am

But Biju, two things are to be noted in this.. 1. In India, we had similar practice years back, and still continues just because of illiteracy and poor knowledge of proper things eventhough we claimed high morale..and the situation has changed purely because of female litearacy...,what is lacking in some parts of north kerala and north india where such religious rituals still persist.. but the interesting thing is they wont be separated even if they have children because of the social support..what is not happening in britain because as you said it is just a recreation for them...that is shameful as i said.
2.The child marrying a tiger is nothing new to indian culture ...I hope he was not asked to sleep with the cat!!!and I would consider it better than the famous "Sathi" young widows had to perform.
We all have instincts but to be a human ,we should suppress many of our animal insticts and if not doing so,no one would call them "developed nation" or "proper"...

DrSunil

Post by DrSunil » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:28 am

I would like to add more... What western nations do and india follow is safe sex!... And they teach children to do it safely!!!!???? You all know whatever precautions you take good boys will cross the barrier... :mrgreen: And these lawmaking kizhangans and the like thinks something else...Living in fools heaven is fun but we should be fools to enjoy it... If not,we may laugh at others,but when it happen to our lives its never fun...

siby

Post by siby » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:04 pm

The westerners used to have a good family and social structure. It still exists in some of the European countries. I think the 'family' became a more abstract concept in the 1960s when "sexual revolution" became ubiquitous in the western world. Typically it is A "free love" concept when teens (or even kids) enjoy sexual freedom from an early age. But more importantly there is a change in the social structure whereby they live with girlfriend or boyfriend and they will have children. But the problem is when the relationship is shortlived and they can be promiscous. They find other partners and this goes on. many of them may enter into a long term relationship with somebody and when they have kds and all they will consider marrying. Even then the relationships are broken often and this continues. I have to admit that there are still many married people who are loyal and bring up thir children 'religiously'. Especially we see here senior people over 60 years happily married for long time. They are really gentlemen.
I am not going into the morality aspect of the issues. But consider the children born in unstable relationships. Many of them will have single parent only. Many may not be living with their true (biological) parents. It may be true that they don't get proper love affection and 'morality training'early in their lives. No wonder they become drug addicts and socially deprived and this becomes a vicious cycle. All these can halt proper development of a country.
Siby

DrSunil

Post by DrSunil » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:26 pm

That is interesting and I fully agree.But Siby, what triggered this revolution and is it started on a particular nation or whole of europe or americas and was it due to a particular person? a neurotic? I think in kerala, media plays a good role in directing people to right track on this aspect...
And another interesting aspect related to this is ..when i asked a consultant who is doing many renal transplants in kerala about HLA matching subjects,he replied to me that in western world,as siby said,even when parents of the patient come ready for donation,doctors have to make sure that they are the real biological parents!!! :lol: To what extent this is the true explanation is another issue,but that is one fact.

siby

Post by siby » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:54 pm

There could be multiple factors for this Sunil including the ideas of Freud, easy availability of contraceptives and so on.You could read
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_revolution
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_rev ... 0s_America
It seems to have originated primarily in America, but spread to many other places.
All these things existed in the past probably from the very beginning of mankind, but with the revolution it became popular or fashionable. But you have to remember that there are still people who are more conservative even in the west (may be a minority, I have no statistics).
It is true that sometimes it is difficult to prove who is the biological father, may need DNA testing, but who cares.
Siby

biju

Post by biju » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:36 pm

Woah..! Aren't we all into the psyche? :roll:

The safe sex story in the western world is a myth; it is well known that STDs are on the rise in the UK. NHS is actively advertising to promote safe sex! Look at some figures below.

http://www.avert.org/stdstatisticuk.htm

Result of the so-called sexual revolution!
Last edited by biju on Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BIJU JOSE

DrSunil

Post by DrSunil » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:14 pm

:mrgreen: Who could prevent those smart boys with just a TV ad? :mrgreen:

biju

Post by biju » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:25 pm

Sunil, is there a bit of 'missed opportunities' there? :lol:
BIJU JOSE

DrSunil

Post by DrSunil » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:15 pm

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Luck of many, i was born in india :lol: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

shrijit

Post by shrijit » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:36 am

It is interesting the way our discussion has progressed. I do concur with Sunil on the aspect that these social evils do exist within all societies...it all depends on how the media highlights them...and whether the Indian media is willing to expose the problems in our society as well.
Then again the ritual of marriage to a dog....which again is a symbolic ritual accepted in different parts of India to ward of so called 'Evil' etc...particularly to change somebody's fate !! ...but then we have had so many awkward customs prevalent in Kerala as well till probably few decades back. If we look at the history of the so called developed countries...their rituals and traditions have been far worse if not similar...so it is all a part of how the society evolves over the ages. Female literacy does play a big role...but I think it is education which helps most than just being a literate!
Shrijit J P :)

DrSunil

Post by DrSunil » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:32 am

How true!!! "Adhikamayal Amrithum Visham" Like overintelligence makes "intelligent cracks", over education in developed nations ,and not illiteracy contributes!!! Pray to god to be a half Retarded!!! :D
laugh.gif
laugh.gif (33.31 KiB) Viewed 6202 times

siby

Post by siby » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:32 pm

We too are not behind.
http://mangalam.com/index.php?page=detail&nid=133958
(You may have to use internet explorer to view it properly)
Siby

DrSunil

Post by DrSunil » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:55 am

But see, here people(atleast parents!) are worried over such things, but will that happen in west??,instead parents will teach them to use condoms!!!!!!:)